Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kids Yoga Camp with Hamilton Malayalees

While kids are back to school and routines, I am reminded of the amazing summer that flashed before our eyes.  This summer after exploring months of teaching and travels in India, LA, and NYC I was invited to do yoga for the Hamilton Malayalee Samajam Kids Camp.  The Hamilton Malayalee Samjam is the association that joined South Indian families to celebrate traditions and socialize when I was growing up, and it is still going strong today.  It was a few days of awesome fun to share yoga with this group of kids.  The kids ranged in age from 5-10, so I had to make the yoga fun, engaging and inspirational.  We explored Sun Salutations, Warrior Poses, Tree Pose, Partner Yoga, Yoga Games, Yoga Stories, Meditation, and much more.  I have always loved teaching yoga to kids. For me Kids are our greatest teachers, as they have a zest for life, optimism that most adults can learn from, and humility.




Thank you HMS for inviting me to share some yoga with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment