Monday, April 6, 2009

YUMMY YOGINI - Eating Veggies

Vegetables are low in calories and fat and loaded with fiber.  It is no secret that many people who practice Yoga are vegetarian/vegan.  I myself practice a vegetarian lifestyle. Growing up, my mom used to prepare a lot of vegetarian dishes since she also preferred the veggies, and her and my daddy grew their own in our garden.  Taste and veggies go hand in hand in Indian culture.  With the right spices to give yummy flavor, not necessarily "heat" but flavor and a whole lotta LOVE....anyone can create some yummy veggie dishes.  With any recipe, LOVE, should always be the key ingredient, only then will you and your guests want more.

Two of my favorite dishes - "CAULIFLOWER POWER" & "EGG VEG"
CAULIFLOWER POWER (my personal knock-off version of mommy's aloo gobi)
3 cups organic vegetable broth
1 Cauliflower (made into mini flowerets)
1 potato (cubed)
1 onion (small/diced)
4 garlic cloves (diced)
1 tsp curry powder
4 tsp tumeric
4 tbs sour cream or vegan substitute
Add Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Add Love
GARNISH: 1 leafy stem of cilantro & a few narrow pieces of ginger cut julianne style

STEPS: 
Sautee garlic, onions.  Add Spices and potato.  Add Broth till potatos are soft then add flowerets.  Cook till soft.  Add sour cream at the end or Vegan substitute.  Add love & remove from stove top.  Finally, share with people you love and ENJOY the YUMMINESS!!!!

EGG VEG is also in the picture but it is a family secret, that I am sworn to secrecy for....all I can say is.....YUMMINESSSSS!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment