Sunday, August 22, 2010

Healing in Teacher Training


While the teacher trainees are immersed in all things yoga, they also learn special things unique to the Bamboomoves Teacher Training program. They begin their days with 103 bows, which my screaming thighs had the privilege to experience for 3 days. They also learn wonderful healthy eating, and healing. While Yoga Sutras, Asana, Adjusting, Bhagavad Gita, Chakras, Meditation, Pranayama, and Yogic Diet are common in most schools, the healing is very unique to Bamboomoves. I have enjoyed being part of the journey with these wonderful teachers in training. Since I do a lot of energetic healing and body work (reiki, ayurvedic massage, chakra balancing, and shiatsu), I was very curious to participate in the Bamboomoves healing workshop. Luckily, Andrew was kind enough to use me as a model to demonstrate to the students (so thankful for that). The points he focused on were similar to those found in Hara Diagnosis/Bo & Yu Points for Zen Shiatsu, so for me it was a great review for my Shiatsu training. While my Hara is pretty healthy, he didn't find any warning points, but it sure felt wonderful and relaxing! Healing techniques are a wonderful addition to a Yoga Instructors knowledge and training. Thank you Andrew for using me as a model. While it was a long day for me, it helped energize me for a nearly 20 person Yoga-laties class that same night (along with the two bananas from Michael)!

No comments:

Post a Comment