Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maha Sadhana at Bamboomoves Retreat











Maha Sadhana (the Great Practice) A tradition that started with Sri Dharma Mittra was carried on at our Bamboomoves Labor Day Retreat. In celebration mode we circled out mats after Andrews healing workshop, laid out three yoga mats in the centre and people would enter to offer yoga poses. It was amazing to watch. I myself, prefer not to "show off my asana", and wanted to sit and do "watch-asana" until Andrew asked me to enter the circle. I did a quick Hanumanasana "splits", an Eka Pada Rajakapotasana "Pigeon pose" and got back out of the circle. Ironically the side I chose to do the splits on is my usual tight side, and I went down to the floor with ease, so there is something to be said when we offer our yoga poses in an effort of praise and thanksgiving to God. After a while we started to chant Shiva Shambo while Yoshio played the drums, people clapped and we all had a ton of fun!

Pictures: Stefanie (englewood Bamboo Instructor) Forearm Scorpion, Doris in crescent Lunge, Milta and Scott Headstand, Ambria in splits, Andrew Kapotasana, Yoshio Upward Dog, Steven Tanner in headstand.
photos by: Jody Concepcion

No comments:

Post a Comment