Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Asparagus cure for Cancer

So as my girls and I at Bamboomoves embark on the 21 days to wellness, my brother recently sends me an email about how Asparagus is a cure for cancer. My brother is in no way a vegetarian, but since we lost our mother to Cancer we are both interested in the natural cures out there, so I was really happy when he shared this with me. I LOVE ASPARAGUS! It is loaded with vitamins and minerals including Folic Acid, B Vitamins, and Glutathione (which is an antioxidant and anticarcinogenic phytochemical). Glutathione helps in detoxification by binding fat soluble toxins (metals, solvents, pesticides) and converts them into a water-soluble form that can be excreted in Urine. Asparagus has a good supply of a protein called "histones", which are believed to be an active part in controlling cell growth. The Glutathione content in Asparagus is good for anti-aging as well. Our natural foods are so full of nutrients, so before you reach for the package of food with an Ingredient list full of chemicals you don't recognize, eat some asparagus, eat an apple, eat some green beans, eat some melons, eat some spinach, kale, collard greens, avocados, walnuts...the healthy choices out there are endless. While many believe that it is expensive to eat healthy, find a bodega, or by your fruits and veggies at a local farmers market, because the cost of your health is and should always be greater. Think long term. I was telling my lovely yoga students, they spend millions of dollars marketing "Coke", "McDonalds" "Milk" and various other foods loaded with sugar, sodium, hormones, various cancer causing chemicals and most importantly...no nutrients, but you rarely see a commercial for Kale. All these companies have serious stock in Pharmaceuticals, so lets claim our wealth back, by taking over our health. EAT HEALTHY FOLKS!

This is just one case from the article my brother sent me:
Case No. 3, a man who had lung cancer. On March 5th 1971, he was put on the operating table where they found lung cancer so widely spread that it was inoperable. The surgeon sewed him up and declared his case hopeless. On April 5th he heard about the asparagus therapy and immediately started taking it. By August, x-ray pictures revealed that all signs of the cancer had disappeared. He is back at his regular business routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment