Friday, September 25, 2009

Yogini Kitchen - Cold Home Remedy

Often times people label this time of year as cold & flu season. With the change in weather, it is common for people to catch a germ or two. As my personal preference is to avoid pills and potions that are found in the pharmaceutical avenue, I tend to lean towards natural home remedies.

Since I have experience teaching grade 1, 4 and PreK in the classroom and I currently teach Yoga both kids and adults, you can say I have had my fair share of exposure to germs. So my suggestions are as follows:
  • Drink lots of water to flush your system out
  • Have fruits high in vitamin C like Kiwi, Strawberry, Orange, etc
  • Keep active, have a daily fitness routine to get the blood flowing and toxins released.
  • Garlic: Eat more garlic when you feel the germy bugs entering, the garlic will help zap out the germs (and also give you the kind of breath that will be sure to keep people at a distance.)
My Family Home remedy that heals the body and soothes the soul:
  • Tumeric Milk: Warm your Milk on the stove (veggie folks can substitute rice/almond/hemp milk) stir and add a tsp of tumeric, add a little honey, stevia or agave nectar for sweetness, stir, and cheers to your health.
Finally, stay positive! Our mind has so much power over our bodies and lives! With healthy meals, daily exercise, and a positive mindset we will maintain a healthy body.
~Peace & hugs, Ambria

No comments:

Post a Comment