Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ambria Live @ Peoples Lounge


Recently, I was invited to open the show for a lovely artist Shelita Vaughn & her band @ The Peoples Lounge in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.  The charming venue was packed with a friendly group of people enjoying the signature Hurricanes, and the after work ambiance.  This was the first time I met Shelita in person.  After we met, she introduced me to the band and the MC.  I began to do a sound check and jam a little with the bassist and drummer which was too fun!  As the evening progresses, more delightful people trickle in and I decide that I am going to seduce the crowd with a set of my romantic love songs.  Fred, the MC, introduces me to the crowd highlighting that beyond Music I also teach Yoga and belly dance which seems to draw applause and excitement from the crowd.  The lights are dim, the mood is still, and I begin to play the keys and sing my first song.  The exuberant crowd inspired me to share a new song I had just written an hour before the gig called "Love & Laughter".  It was only after the performance that I mentioned the song was written an hour prior, and they showered me with even more applause, which made me feel that the song is a keeper.  After my set, Shelita and her band took the stage.  Her music has a Southern Jazzy Pop feel, complete with keys, guitar, bass, drums, horns and background vocalists.  Shelita looked stunning and has a buttery voice.  The crowd is so great and I look forward to playing this venue again on the last Wednesday of the month.  For more music visit: www.ambriaonline.com or www.myspace.com/ambriaonline

No comments:

Post a Comment