Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians! I mentioned to my American friend that today was Canada Day and he responded "Is that like the Fourth of July" and I said "Yea, only Better" Which reminded me of the many things to love about Canada. I thought I would list a few cool Canadian things:
- Tim Hortons: the finest brew of Coffee you will sip and the yummiest donuts, served with a smile.
- Terry Fox: A true Canadian hero (google him).
- Four Season: the glorious beauty of vivid seasonal change.
- Musicians : To name a few Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Jann Arden, Chantal Kreviazuk, Sarah Mclaughlin, Nelly Furtado, Oscar Peterson, Anne Murray, Gordon Lightfoot, Barenaked Ladies, Shania Twain, Dianna Krall, Nickleback, Avril Lavigne, Great Big Sea, Kardinal Official, Lee Aaron, Paul Anka, Michael Buble, Sebastian Bach, Leonard Cohen, Deborah Cox, Stompin Tom Connors, David Foster, Cory Heart, Collin James, Sass Jordon, Rita MacNeil, KD Lang, Michie Mee, Alannis Morrisette, Kim Mitchell, Alannah Myles, Raffi, Paul Shaffer, Tamia, and myself Ambria (just to name a few off the top of my head)
- HOCKEY! We rule! Team Canada dominates the game! Don Cherry is the best!
- Mr. Dressup: knocks Mr Rogers out of the neighborhood.
- Niagra Falls: Gorgeous Natural Wonder and Casinos!!!
- Comedians: Mike Myers, Jim Carey, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short, Dan Akroyd, John Candy, Rich Little, Phil Hartman, Howie Mandel, Loren Michaels, Rick Mercer, Rick Moranis, Leslie Nielson, Russell Peters, Catherine O'Hara, and myself Ambria (I can be funny sometimes, just not famous for it internationally)
- We say Eh! At the end of phrases, which inevitably invites for friendly conversation.
- "Keep it Beautiful": the tag line on the Ontario License plate because we love to keep our nation clean.
Happy Canada Day once again! If you have not gone up to Canada, make the trip. Visit Niagara Falls, gamble at the Casino, have breakfast with Canadian Maple Syrup, sip a Tim Hortons Coffee and finally head to Toronto to watch a Leafs game eh!