Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ayurveda Cafe- A Lovely Lunch


After a day of Yoga and Reiki Sessions, I decided to treat myself to a wonderful lunch at the Ayurveda Cafe, on 94th & Amsterdam in Manhattan. Like on many sunny days, I tend to wear a big sun hat, and loose cottony yoga clothes, resembling a tourist. Well, my tourist appearance caught the eye of another patron, Stefanie, who I introduced myself to and invited to join me.

While feasting on an amazing array of Vegetarian items that were true to Ayurveda being Sattvic (pure) and incorporating the six tastes: sour, salty, bitter, astringent and pungent, I also had the pleasure of wonderful conversation with Stefanie.

Turns out Stefanie is an aspiring Yogini, and soon will complete her Yoga training. We talked about many topics like Yoga in NYC, the commercial side of Yoga, her Yoga school, the importance of having a personal Yoga practice, Ayurveda, favorite Yoga teachers and much more. Like many Yoga teachers in NYC, Stefanie has a background in dance. I always enjoy hearing the experience of other Yoga teachers and their personal mission with their practice, because what we do on our Yoga Mat is a reflection of what we do beyond it. Thank you Stefanie for your lovely company and I wish you well on your journey! Peace & hugs, Ambria

No comments:

Post a Comment