Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Brilliant Lena is Back!!! - Kids Yoga


Today, I was reunited with the lovely Lena! This little girl who is technically ASD (autistic spectrum disorder) amazed me in the summer during our Yogi Bean sessions. I walked in to her home, only to hear her enchanting piano practice, playing none other than Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. WOW, that is the piano piece that nearly had me quit piano years ago, and this little angel played with such brilliance. We progressed into our yoga practice complete with sun salutations, my yoga tree song, a yoga adventure, some chanting, meditation, and of course savasana. I was so happy to be reunited with Lena, as her energy and vibrancy are a true delight. The benefits all kids have with yoga and with music is unquestionable. To be part of someones journey and share my yoga practice is more rewarding than I could describe, but since my two primary passions in life are music & yoga, and being that I am a former NYC public school teacher, to witness the progress in a child from yoga and music is my hearts delight. At the end of our sessions Lena shares with me her insight on some meditation topics, and her profound outlook, and vast vocabulary are truly inspirational! The reason I highlight that she is a kid with ASD is only because her ability to dive into a yoga practice is inspirational for everyone. This amazing girl proves that it does not matter what our age, gender, or if we have some form of a disability, everyone can benefit & enjoy life with Yoga and Music. Thank you Lena for making this an amazing weekend! ~Peace & hugs, Ambria

No comments:

Post a Comment